How To Connect Sony Wireless Subwoofer To Soundbar – Easy Way
Connecting your Sony subwoofer to your Bluetooth soundbar is a great way to enhance the sound quality of your home audio system and achieve a cinematic experience. However, it can sometimes be confusing, especially with new subwoofers or external speakers.
This article will provide a step-by-step guide on how to connect your wireless subwoofer to your soundbar, specifically for the Sony SA-SW5 300W Wireless Subwoofer connected to either the Sony HT-A9 or A7000 soundbar.
How to Connect Your Subwoofer to Your Soundbar?
A wireless subwoofer adds virtual surround sound technology and delivers powerful, deep, and booming bass, elevating your audio entertainment to a whole new level.
When connected to your Sony soundbar, this subwoofer-soundbar combination creates the perfect setup for maximizing your home theater experience, offering immersive entertainment with thumping bass and crystal-clear low-frequency sounds.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on connecting your Sony subwoofer to your Sony soundbar (HT-A7000 or HT-A9):
- Start by ensuring that the power cord is correctly connected and have the soundbar remote control supplied with the compatible model (HT-A7000 or HT-A9) ready.
- Press the HOME button on the remote control and wait for the home menu to appear on your TV screen.
- Select “Setup” from the home menu and then choose “Advanced Settings.”
- In the “Advanced Settings” menu, navigate to “Speaker Settings,” followed by “Wireless Speaker Settings,” and select “Start manual linking.” This will prompt the “Start manual linking” screen to appear on your TV screen.
- On the subwoofer, press the LINK button. The power indicator light on the subwoofer will start flashing green twice repeatedly.
- Choose “Start” on the TV screen, and the manual connection process will begin. You will see the progress of the connection on the TV screen. If you want to cancel at any point, select “Cancel.”
- When the subwoofer display shows “Connected,” select “Finish” and press (enter) on the remote control. The manual connection between the subwoofer and soundbar is now established, indicated by a green light on the subwoofer’s power light. You should now hear sound coming from the subwoofer.
Important notes when connecting the subwoofer to the soundbar:
- If you choose “Start manual linking,” the “Link mode” of “Wireless Speaker Settings” will automatically be set to “Manual.”
- Only the speakers where “Connected” is shown will be connected to the compatible model. If the connection is not successful, return to the first step and repeat the process to connect the subwoofer to the soundbar.
For more detailed information on the Sony SA-SW5 300W Wireless Subwoofer, refer to our Detailed Guide on the Sony SA-SW5 300W Wireless Subwoofer.
If you’re experiencing any sound-related issues with your Sony subwoofer not turning on, check out our troubleshooting tips in our guide to fixing a Sony soundbar with a non-working subwoofer.
Enjoy the wireless subwoofer experience, which eliminates the hassle of wires and enhances your overall surround sound experience.